We are on the hunt for a new Coordinator for GOSD 2019!
Contract Position: May 22 – August 30, 2019 Deadline to apply: April 15th, 2019
The Canadian National Sportsmen’s Shows is a leading consumer show production company, headquartered in Mississauga, with regional offices in Montreal and Calgary. We are presently seeking a Coordinator for our Great Ontario Salmon Derby taking place June 29- August 17 on Lake Ontario.
The successful candidate will be required to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This position will require the successful candidate to be available every evening from June 29 until August 17th to receive results from 10 weigh stations, compile the top ten list for the day and post results in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks in relation to the event– including but not limited to: database management; eblasts; social media management; nightly result updates on the website and social media; assembling charter boat packages, weigh station packages and ticket retailer packages
- Liaise directly with weigh stations and ticket retailers to ensure they have all materials required and materials are replenished and picked up as requested
- Manage all participant, weigh station and ticket retailer inquiries
- Must have a valid full class G driver’s license. Vehicle will be provided for Derby business use only
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with social media management
- Experience with a creative program such as Canva would be considered an asset
- Must be a team player capable of working in a demanding, fast-paced, customer-service oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work overtime as required
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.